Six Senses Kaplankaya
Aloft over the Aegean
What it is
A modernist reprieve of 141 guest rooms and 150 villas on an olive and cypress-decked seafront cliff.
What it isn't
A hassle. The resort will arrange your complimentary transfer—by helicopter, no less–from Bodrum’s Milas Airport.
What we think
Two of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World are within spitting distance of Kaplankaya, but we’d wager that the resort itself is an Eighth Wonder. Even the simplest room has a loaner iPad that controls everything from the lights to the temperature, Old World open-beam ceilings, and a soaking tub set next to floor-to-ceiling windows that peep out on the sea (and your private terrace). The resort’s curated experiences are just as well planned—you can hop on a yacht to nearby Greek isles of Patmos, Lipsi and Kos; shop for olives at the Akbuk Bazaar with the resort’s chef; and tour the 15th century Bodrum Castle. Post-adventure, head to the spa—which is nothing short of exquisite—to kick back in everything from a starry ceilinged hammam to a salt grotto to an igloo. Yes, it’s “next level.”
You're here because
Unlike many ultra-luxurious resorts, Kaplankaya rolls out the red carpet for wee ones. Among their children’s activities? Movies under the stars, cooking classes with chefs, and even yoga and wallyball (yes, wallyball).
You’ve tried every one of their six restaurants—except for Sage & Sea Restaurant and Bar, which you were preserving until your last night. Now, as you stare out at the sunset over the ocean beyond and sip your note-perfect martini, you’re kicking yourself. It's heaven.
Restaurants & Bars
- Sage & Sea Restaurant and Bar - Main full-service restaurant serving buffet-style breakfast and dinner daily
- Wild Thyme Restaurant and Bar - Offering Turkish and Ottoman specialties with enchanting Aegean Sea views
- Meze By The Sea - Daily selection of freshly caught fish and handcrafted Turkish mezzes. Open Seasonally
- The Alchemy Bar - One large Chef's Table for 14 guests featuring cooking classes
- The Beach Bar - Casual beach-style dining
- The Library Bar - Cafe in the morning, cocktail ambiance in the evening
Due north of Bodrum facing the Aegean Sea. You may not want to leave the resort’s grounds much (it’s that amazing), but some once-in-a-lifetime sights are nearby, including Didyma Apollo Temple, the mythical home of, yep, Apollo.