Riviera Maya, Mexico
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya
Covid-19 - What you should know
Skylark’s advisor team is here to support you. Travel is tricky right now and planning isn’t always straightforward, but our team of advisors is here to assist in every way we can.More...
What it is
All the trappings of a major Riviera Maya resort (beach! golf! spa!) presented with a stylish, streamlined bow.
What it isn't
OTT luxury. You’ll be treated like Latin American royalty—expect 24/7 highly personalized, soulful service among Riviera Maya's untouched beauty.
What we think
If hitting the Riviera Maya means letting go of the stress—aided by a white sand beach and a margarita—you don’t need to let your design sensibilities go, too. Enter Andaz Mayakoba, the newest property in the resort development just north of Playa del Carmen. Here, the rooms have an earthy minimalism that feels modern but not hard-edged, and brightened with local art and woven rugs (bonus: your in-room minibar contents are gratis, and refilled each day). That relaxed breeziness extends to the rest of the hotel, whose 214 rooms are split between beach and lagoon sections, and where you can hit the links at the Greg Norman-designed El Camaleón Golf Club, do sunrise yoga on the oceanfront sand, or ride loaner bikes through rainbow-bright villages.
You're here because
You want to take advantage of canal-lined Mayakoba and its innumerable amenities (restaurants, golf, tennis, eco-activities) in a hotel with contemporary sensibility.
In a spa inspired by ancient Mayan rituals, you’ve found one that re-centered you in an instant: the lemon verbena exfoliation and body mask, followed by a dip in open-air plunge pool. Reset button: hit.
Restaraunts & Bars
- Sotavento - Relax in the casual ambiance while tasting an array of Mediterranean delicacies such as fresh seafood, daily chef specials, light salads and a variety of desserts; all to be enjoyed with your feet in the sand.
- Casa Amate - Dinner-only restaurant serving diverse Latin American flavors in a sophisticated residential concept.
- Olla Taco - Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, offering a market-style feast of tacos, Yucatán specialties, fresh ceviche and locally crafted artisan beers.
- Cocina Milagro - Resort’s poolside pavilion restaurant featuring a breakfast buffet with a market-to-table menu and seafood delicacies.
- Olla Ceviche - Beachfront bar featuring handcrafted cocktails, live entertainment and over 40 varieties of local mezcals and tequilas.
Only a 40-minute drive from Cancún International Airport. Playa’s buzzing Quinta Avenida—boutiques and bars galore—is just minutes away, ditto the dock for a breezy ferry to Cozumel.