Arizona Biltmore Waldorf
What it is
A 1929 icon designed with Frank Lloyd Wright, with two golf courses, a 20,000-square-foot spa and salon, five jaw-dropping pools and foodie-approved restaurants.
What it isn't
A teensy boutique hotel. The Biltmore has 740 guest rooms and is reportedly the largest resort in the state.
What we think
“Storied” doesn’t begin to describe this megawatt Arizona hideaway, site of Marilyn Monroe’s favorite pool, Ronald and Nancy Reagan’s honeymoon, and the place Irving Berlin composed “White Christmas.” Guests here don’t lift a finger: the concierge will happily book everything from your horseback ride through the desertscape to your babysitter for Parents Night Out. Recently refreshed rooms are outfitted in Midcentury style, with sleek gray and white furniture and expansive floorplans (the starter room category begins at a whopping 500 square feet). Though slightly smaller, the 400-square-foot Cottage Rooms are worth booking for their firepit stocked patios surrounded by lush lawns.
You're here because
Both 18-hole golf courses here are PGA-ranked, and resort guests have unlimited same-day access (based on availability), so you could, potentially, play allllll day.
You can imagine Frank himself bellying up to his namesake, The Wright Bar, for a hard-earned tipple. So you order a Wright Way martini—vodka, triple sec, cranberry and bubbles—plus wagyu beef sliders and parmigiano white truffle fries, and settle in for an evening of ogling the architectural eye candy at every turn.
Restaurants & Bars
- Frank and Albert's - This culinary destination features fare prepared from the highest quality, locally-sourced ingredients using sustainable farm practices and classic techniques.
- Wright's at Biltmore - Served in a classic setting that is a modern nod to the historic Frank Lloyd Wright style, the Wright’s menu features foods of the land, presented in an artistic and contemporary fashion.
- The Cafe - Enjoy majestic views of Squaw Peak Lawn on the Cafe’s terrace or grab something light to go.
- Poolside Dining - Indulge in a variety of fresh salads, seafood, specialty sandwiches and exotic bar offerings with our poolside dining options available at Catalina and Ocatilla Pools.
- The Wright Bar - Gather with friends over artisan martinis and delectable cocktails at Wright’s Bar.
- Afternoon Tea - Afternoon Tea menu consists of an assortment of sandwiches, desserts, pastries, and a mouthwatering selection of hot and iced teas.
On nearly 40 acres just an 8 mile drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport; while you’re here, swing by the Phoenix Art Museum, home to 19,000 works including Thorne miniature rooms: centuries-old European interiors remade on a diminutive 1:12 scale.