Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Ponte Vedra Inn And Club
What it is
A 1928 Florida legend overlooking the Atlantic with 262 rooms, a beloved 36-hole championship golf course and 10 on-site restaurants.
What it isn't
Alone. Reciprocal access at sister property The Lodge & Club doubles your fun with its adults-only pool and loaner kayaks, paddleboards and cruiser bikes—just a free shuttle ride up the shore.
What we think
Florida traditionalists return to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club for generations for myriad reasons. For one thing, rooms are Elegant with a capital E, whether you’re staying in a 1930s historic inn room overlooking a lagoon or the jaw-dropping Penthouse Suite, fitted with a sunken jacuzzi bath, a prime overlook of the ocean from the balcony, and a curved staircase that would wow Scarlett O’Hara herself. (Note that you can’t go wrong with any option; either way you’ll have a private balcony or terrace, gratis wifi, turndown service and a seagull’s proximity to the pristine ocean.) Among the many restaurants on the property, one not to miss is the waterfront Seahorse Grill—you can tuck into spicy crab dip with garlic bread and halibut in matcha broth from your table set alongside a massive wrap-around aquarium that teems with coral reef life.
You're here because
The resort rolls out the red carpet for littles. Recent kid’s activities included crafts like puppet making, wind chime decorating and blowing bubbles in all sizes right on the white sand beach.
None other than Oprah put her stamp of approval on The Spa at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, so you knew it’d be great. But when your Herbal Fusion Detox Wrap with a ginger root masque begins, you think maybe even the Queen herself would approve.
Restaurants & Bars
- SEAHORSE GRILLE - upscale-but-casual dining and cocktail experience
- SURF DECK GRILLE - Upscale, yet casual, full-service oceanfront dining venue featuring multiple TVs and Florida coastal cuisine, pairing local and sustainable ingredients with panoramic ocean views
- SEAFOAM DINING ROOM - intimate size is designed to pleasure only forty-five fortunate dinner guests
- THE OASIS - salads and sandwiches to the best grilled seafood in the area
- SEA VIEW GRILLE - Seafood and Italian cuisine
- SEA VIEW LOUNGE - cocktails
- TEA BY THE SEA
Set directly on the Atlantic Ocean just a 32 mile drive from Jacksonville International Airport. It’s worth driving 20 minutes down the shore to hike amid the pine flatwoods and salt marshes of Guana River Wildlife Management Area.