Palm Harbor, Florida
A Salamander Resort
What it is
A legendary golfer’s respite on 900 forested acres, with a top-notch spa.
What it isn't
Stodgy. The resort is in the midst of a top to tails renovation that will have it looking as brand new as guests feel after their stay there.
What we think
Rooms at Innisbrook are calming—presumably to allow you to focus on your golf game. While standard rooms are large at 300 square feet, it’s well worth upgrading to a suite—they’re more than twice the size (starting at 750 square feet) and fitted with kitchenettes and private terraces. (Coming with the revamp? Quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, and entirely clean-lined furniture). A major perk of staying here is the multiple restaurant options—five, right on site—including the poolside Grill at Loch Ness, where cocktail options include both the classic (Pain Killers, Mai Tai’s) and newfangled (order a vodka infused Key Lime Pie frozen margarita if you know what’s good for you).
You're here because
Honestly? Even your vacations are getting a little...sleepy. Innisbrook has planned a bottomless list of fun activities, whether you want to hop on Tampa’s first zip line or poke around the Salvador Dali Museum.
You hate to admit it, but your face is looking a bit….lackluster, for lack of a better word. But in the spa, after an Eminence Arctic Berry Peel Illuminating System facial, you find you’ve aged in reverse. Are you 25 again? You always felt it. Now, you look it.
About 35 miles northwest of Tampa. Here, you’re just five miles from the beaches of Fred Howard Park in Palm Harbor, Florida, yet a forested world away.
Restaraunts & Bars
- Packard's Steakhouse - Enjoy the finest steak, cold water lobster tails and premium wines
- Market Salamander Grille & Bar - Serving health-conscious recipes to traditional Seasonal American Cuisine
- The Market - Offering wholesome, chef-prepared and specialty foods, as well as specially flavored ice cream
- The Grill at Loch Ness - Relax in the beautiful Florida sun while dining poolside and sipping delicious tropical frozen drinks
- Turnberry Pub - A casual experience for craft beers, wines and small bites