St. Michaels, Maryland
Inn at Perry Cabin
The perfect rural retreat off Chesapeake Bay
What it is
A formal 19th century manor house surrounded by manicured gardens on the banks of the Chesapeake.
What it isn't
On a beach or ideal for travelers looking for an ambitious late night scene.
What we think
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson weren’t the only stars in the Wedding Crashers. The impeccably maintained and clearly doted upon classic colonial played the role of the elegant backdrop. Understated East Coast elegance ties together the resort’s 78 rooms and public spaces, outfitted with plantation shutters, sumptuously upholstered armchairs and nautical touches like sketches of boats and Semaphore flag. Travelers can sign up for sailing lessons on one of three yachts, or sign out bikes to peddle around the neighboring town of St. Michael’s. At cocktail hour, you can sip a St. Michael’s Old Fashioned—which includes a touch of maple syrup—on the hydrangea-framed patio overlooking the property’s 25 English-style garden acres dotted with old Magnolia and holly trees.
You're here because
A relaxed Eastern Shore getaway in a sophisticated setting is just what the doctor ordered.
Heading out on the water with a Captain Herman Hattaway, a waterman whose family has lived in St. Michael’s for generations, to visit his secret spots, where he catches crabs and digs for oysters. to catch crab or dig for oysters.
Restaurants & Bars
Stars - An eclectic menu features fresh seasonal specialities
The Miles Room - Floor-to-ceiling windows frame the waterfront from this elegant room at the heart of the original Inn
The Courtyard - A quiet, tree-covered nook hiding in plain sight in the middle of the Inn.
The Purser’s Pub - Small plates with big flavors paired with a collection of rare spirits, craft cocktails and local beers
Afternoon Tea - Enjoy a sumptuous tea in the beautiful Morning Room with delicious sandwiches, pastries, and preserves
High Tide Pool Bar - A poolside hotspot with delicious, nutritious smoothies and lunch fresh from the bay
- Lounge and swim in the infinity pool, enjoy a game of tennis or round of golf. Hire one of the hotel's yachts for a fun cruise or even one of the hotel's sailboats for an unforgettable adventure.
- Bicycles - Explore the area with our complimentary bikes. Available on a daily basis, simply sign out at the front door.
- Sailing Academy - Learn to sail aboard one of three exquisite yachts on the beautiful Miles River. Beginners and more experienced sailors alike will find a course suited to their needs. The Sailing Academy offers relaxed weekender tuition through to intensive certificate-earning courses. The hotel's delightful waterfront location makes it the perfect start and end point to an invigorating day of fresh air, exercise and the satisfaction of mastering a new skill.
- Gardens - Inn at Perry Cabin is renowned for its resplendent manicured gardens.
-- The Entry Garden features teak furniture, slate floor and plants placed to create privacy.
-- The Woodland Garden has a magnificent canopy of old magnolia, holly and cypress trees awaits.
-- The Kitchen Garden provides our chefs with a bountiful supply of herbs and lettuces. Inspired by formal English gardens, it is dotted with pansies, sweet peas and roses. A stunning wisteria and rose-draped arbor leads to the pool.
-- The Greenhouse and Cutting Gardens are where flowers and plants displayed around the resort are cultivated.
-- Perfect for pet owners, our eight Garden Rooms boast private terraced gardens. Take tea surrounded by seasonal blooms.
- Docking facilities - There are no boat-docking fees for guests dining or staying with us.
- Golf - There are 7 top private golf courses within a short drive from the hotel. The concierge will provide information on tee times and greens fees upon request.
In charm-filled St. Michaels—once a shipbuilding town and now a popular weekend spot among D.C.’s jetsetters—on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.