Corfu Imperial Grecotel Exclusive Resort
Covid-19 - What you should know
Skylark’s advisor team is here to support you. Travel is tricky right now and planning isn’t always straightforward, but our team of advisors is here to assist in every way we can.
What it is
A mammoth hideaway on the lush point of Kommeno peninsula, with multiple private coves.
What it isn't
A Grecian cliche. The architecture is a modernist interpretation of storybook Corfiot-Italian style. It's inspired by Venice, but as clean-lined as the horizon of the Ionian sea.
What we think
Even in Greece, land of myths made real, Corfu is a dreamscape: an island of craggy cypress and olive-grove topped mountains and glass-clear cyan inlets, where the footprints of the Venetians, British and French—former colonists—still dot the landscape in the form of architectural wonderment. Amid all this beauty, Corfu Imperial Grecotel Exclusive Resort is a star. Sunbeds flank the manicured guests-only sandy coves, there’s a brand new grand pool that looks like something Slim Aarons would have photographed, and DJs spin into the wee hours under the full moon. Among all the activities on-site—including folklore dance shows and piloxing classes—the resort’s loaner yacht, a 22-meter Sunseeker 70, is undoubtedly the most cinematic. Blink and you can imagine Grace Kelly herself sipping a cocktail on the white leather sofa.
You're here because
Unlike a lot of schmancy Greek resorts, this one is kid-friendly—doting on your child like the future President they are with Grecoland kids clubs and even gratis meals tailored to Littles (yup, there’s pizza).
After a week on the Mediterranean diet—fresh-caught fish, fresh-pressed olive oil—you’re already feeling fairly detoxed. But one hour at the spa having the Ancient Spirit Elixir, being scrubbed down and soaking in a mineral mask made of clay from the Dolomites —and you’d swear you look 25 again. Score!
Restaurants & Bars
- Mon Repos - Open for breakfast and dinner, “Mon repos” references the verdant colonial estate of the same name outside Corfu with its light and airy palette with neoclassical details and rich, slightly worn floor finishes. Individual buffet stations display a bountiful Mediterranean spread at the entrance of the space. Guests are invited to dine at the lush patio to enjoy the expansive views of the sea.
- Aristos - A French fine-dining, a-la-carte restaurant crafted by Michelin-starred chef Thanos Feskos, who previously served as Pastry chef and head of snacks at the Three-Michelin-Starred Geranium restaurant in Copenhagen. Here, guests can look forward to one of the most lavish menus in Greece, perfectly paired with refined décor, outstanding service and an expansive wine list. (Reservations required)
- Yali Seafood - The Yali Seafood Restaurant at the Corfu Imperial is only a deck above the clear azure water. Its vast panoramic views of the island are unique in every way—guests can experience the glimmering lights of the town in the horizon over the finest seafood delicacies, all while snuggling their feet into the refreshing sand. (Reservations required)
- Nafsika By The Pool - The stylish pool restaurant and bar with the seemingly endless sea views provide private spots for morning coffee, all-day snacks, relaxing lunches or simply watching the world go by, with toes dangling in the cooling water.
- Kumquat - At Kumquat, diners can look forward to a curated, special collection that celebrates the love of combining Asian food with flavors of “the New World”. Taste innovative dishes blending traditional Chinese cuisine with a Latin American or a Mexican twist. (Reservations required)
- Gelateria - Signature fresh ice cream flavors and fruit "granitas" on the waterfront! With a mix of traditional details and vibrant modern accents, the gelateria is the perfect place to satisfy the sweet tooth. (Operating from July till September)
- Trattoria and Wine Bar - The trattoria elevates casual Italian dining with a mix of rich, warm finishes and a variety of culinary experiences. A mix of rustic and refined, the wine bar invites guests to explore a mix of wine, cheese, charcuterie and more both indoors and out. (Operating from July till September)
- New Alkinoos Bar (Lobby Bar) - A place to meet and enjoy cocktails, refreshing long drinks and hot beverages served in the lively Corfu bar area or at the peaceful lounges. For many guests, the evening begins at the Alkinoos Lobby Bar, for enjoying the glorious sunset while sipping creative cocktails.
- Yali Beach Bar - From morning to evening, guests can enjoy a refreshing drink or snack at the Beach Bar or under the shade of their sun-lounger umbrella.
- Nafsika Pool Bar - For morning coffee, all-day snacks and relaxing lunches.
- Odysseus Cocktail Terrace - Whether watching the sunset or just sheltering in the shade, the lounge areas situated by the swimming pool is a place where guests can relax enjoying live music and Corfu’s beautiful moments whilst drinking a cocktail or lounging with a light snack.
A 25 minute drive from Corfu International airport, and shortly less to the port of Corfu Town, a UNESCO heritage site flanked by two Venetian castles and chockablock with flagstone streets.